SafCider AB-1 is what used to be called just Safcider. This is a balanced cider dry yeast suitable for all types of ciders. Even under difficult fermentation conditions Safcider will perform and deliver great results, even at low pH from 2.9 and temperatures below 15 °C and above 25 °C. Low nitrogen requirements, from 150 ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen. Very good assimilation of fructose. Safcider AB-1 can be also used for mead brewing. Maximum SO2 level recommended: 70mg/L. Minimum turbidity level recommended: 50 NTU.
INGREDIENTS: Yeast (Saccharomyces bayanus*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491).
FERMENTATION: Ideally at 15-20°C (59-68°F). Can be used at 10-30°C.
YIELD SUGAR/ALCOHOL: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol.
PITCHING: 15 g per 23 L.
- Rehydrate the desired quantity of yeasts in 10 times its weight of water at 35-38°C.
- Stir avoiding the formation of lumps and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Progressively add must from the tank (2 or 3 additions) so that the temperature difference between the yeast starter and the initial must does not exceed 10°C. This stage allows the yeast to become acclimatized and avoids a thermal shock.
Example: If must that needs to be pitched is 14°C, the yeast starter temperature should not be more than 24°C prior to inoculation.
- Stir and leave to rest for ~8-10 minutes after each must additions.
- Incorporate the yeast starter in the fermentation tank during a pumping over with aeration. The rehydration procedure should not exceed 45 minutes.
STORAGE: 48 months from production date. During transport: The product can be transported and stored at room temperature for periods of time not exceeding 3 months without affecting its performance. At final destination: Store in cool (< 10°C/50°F), dry conditions.
SHELF LIFE: Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be flushed sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.